Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 4: My Wonderful Wife Marya!

So, as you might have guessed, this is not Marya.  I, Brian, am venturing out to try my hand at a blog post. 

Marya is already sound asleep, and I am still awake.  I got the great idea to post a blog for her since she did not get to do one today.  I got on and figured out how all this works, the whole time thinking to myself how surprised she will be that I posted a blog.  I had the great idea to post about her.  I am thinking to myself how great it will be for her to see that I posted, and on top of that, I posted about her before she posted about me.  Well, as I said, this was BEFORE I opened up the blog.  I type in the blog address and what pops up but a blog about me.  WOW!  I can truly say that this was a surprise.  I start to read, and by the end, I find myself starting to tear up but am not sure why.  Is it because I am tired (it is after midnight), or is it because some huge manly-sized piece of dust randomly flew into my eye, or is it because my wife is truly that amazing?  (Picture break to add to the suspense)

IMG_4194

(Lighthouse in Marblehead, MA)

IMG_5033

(Family Wedding)

IMG_5536

(Franconia Notch State Park NH)

IMG_5555

(Franconia Notch State Park NH)

IMG_5287

 

Well as you might have guess, it was because my wife is truly that amazing.  I feel blessed and humbled that God has allowed me to share life with such an amazing individual.  I cannot imagine where I would be or what I would be doing if she were not a part of my life.  When people up here ask us about how we met and started dating, she like to tell the story about the first time she really acknowledged me (I reworded that slightly, haha).  We were sitting in the movie theater waiting on a couple of our friends and I (for some reason) decided to tell her about how I thought that God was calling me to go to seminary.  She says that after that conversation, she realized that I was someone she wanted to help achieve this goal in whatever way possible.  She heard genuineness in my words and responded.  Now, at this point, marrying me was not really on the agenda, and I don’t  think she could have ever imagined how that thought would really play out, but here we are some 10 or so years later fulfilling the our visions.  It is amazing to see how God has worked out his plan for us so far, and I can safely say that Marya has more than fulfilled those thoughts she had way back then.

Marya,

I love you and I want to thank you for all the sacrifices you have made.  I thank you for working to support us, because I know that you desire to be a stay-at-home mom.  I thank you for moving away from your family and friends, because I know that this was not easy for you.  I thank you for believing in me, because without that belief we would not be here.  And above all, I thank you for your faith in God, because without that faith this would not be possible. 

I thank you for being an amazing mother.  I thank you for loving me, even when I am not easy to love.  Marya, most of all I thank you for being you.  I thank you for being someone that I can confide in, someone I can trust, someone I can laugh with, someone to experience both the good and the bad with, and someone who is there for me.  I thank you for being my best friend.  I love you Marya.  I love you, I love you, and I love you. ~Your most appreciative husband, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment