Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grandma’s Attic

Well friends and family,

I am overdue for an update on how things are going!  I started my new job a week ago today!  To begin with, I work for a local guy who buys antiques at auctions and then sells them.  I for one of the stores he has on e-bay, also known as Grandma’s Attic.  There is a huge, huge, huge learning curve with this job.  Every item that we list is unique and requires special attention to detail.  My job description has been up in question this past week, but so far this is what i think I will be doing: cleaning the items so that they are ready to be photographed and then going through the process of describing the items and listing them online.  As I said before, each item is unique and so it requires me to do a little research of sit with my boss and take notes will he describes the highlights of my job!

All of the employees that I work with are either students of Cordon Conwell or spouses of a student of Gordon Conwell (like me).  They are all very nice and very enjoyable to be around.  The schedules are flexible and so we have been able to work it out where we only need about 3 hours of childcare for Connor!

Brian also started his job last week too!  He is Mr. Mom!!!  Not really a job just part of the job description of being a DAD!  He is doing an amazing job!  Connor loves being able to spend so much time with his Daddy! 

We both feel so blessed to be where we are right now.  God gave me a job in 2 days!  Brian, I know is enjoying getting to spend more time with Connor!  There are still adjustments to be made.  Classes started this week and Brian has been doing a great job of managing his time and getting his reading and studying done for his classes! 

Please pray for Brian and I both as we learn to juggle our schedules.  Pray that Brian is able to focus on his studying and is able to comprehend and grow from it. 

Thank you as always for reading and commenting!

More to come soon!

Love always,

Marya, Brian and Connor

Prayer Requests:

  1. Classes and studying
  2. Buyer/Renter for our house
  3. Finances

1 comment:

  1. So excited about how God is providing so well for you guys. What a praise for you to land a job so quickly! Sounds like one of those jobs that will be challenging but really interesting and you will know so much more about antiques afterwards! Glad to be praying for you and watching for what God will do

    ReplyDelete