Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last Days…

It has been a whirlwind over the last few days.  I have spent my days packing, while Brian finishes his last week at work.  We have spent our evenings with family and friends.  It has been such an encouraging time.  We have eaten well, been prayed over, been encouraged and blessed by the tremendous generosity of those around us!   We are now both jobless!

We are still waiting patiently (at least attempting to) on God’s timing of finding a renter or buyer for our home.  We know that his timing is perfect and he will provide. 

Even in the midst of all the wonderful time of fellowship, I have still been distracted by all the loose ends in our life right now.  The Lord blessed me with this verse during my time with him this week:

2 Timothy 1:6-7
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit NOT OF FEAR but of POWER and LOVE and SELF CONTROL.”
God did not give me this task to be fearful of the future and all the change that is occurring in my life.  He gave me this gift so that I can have a spirit of power, love and self control.  This has been so encouraging.  I do still get fearful but I am also reminded that this is not of the Lord!

Please pray for us as we finish packing!  Please pray for safe traveling, (we leave on Wednesday!)  Please continue to pray for a renter or buyer for our house!  Please pray for jobs! 

Thank you for taking the time to read and pray over our family!

Love,
Brian, Marya and Connor

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your time in seminary will be so wonderful. We will keep you in our prayers! Enjoy every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete